DIGITUS RS-232 to RS-485 AdapterConvert RS-S232 signals into RS-485
The converter enables communication between computers and serial devices that support the serial interface RS-485. The adapter converts RS-232 signals over to the RS-485 standard and enables the route extension of 5m (RS-232 side) up to 1,200m (RS-485 side). The converter requires no external power supply.
By the use of a patented RS-232 chipset the initialization of the RS-232 interface is not required. The integrated transceiver enables the delay-free use and the automatic detection of data transfer direction of the I/O ports. The detection does not require handshaking signals (RTS, DTR) and ensures the full compatibility for RS-232 Half-Duplex mode applications without changing software. Thus, no modifications need to be performed to software and hardware before using the adapter.
The converter supports a serial transfer rate from 300 to 115200 bps. The range of applications extends from industrial systems over card reader systems, access systems, digital payment systems (tolls, buses, car parks) to engineering applications.
- Compatible with EIA and TIA
- Transmission via twisted pair cable or STP
- Transmission mode: half duplex, asynchronous
- Transmission rate: 300 - 115200 bps
- Transmission distance: 1200m (RS-485) <--> 5m (RS-232)
- Dimensions: 17 x 33 x 63 mm
- Compatible with Windows (2000, 2003, 2008, XP, Vista, 7, 8), Mac & Linux