AeraMax DX95 Air PurifierMaximum Protection for the Air you BreatheWhat is an Air Purifier?
An air purifier (or air cleaner) is a machine designed to remove pollutants or particulates from indoor air.Why does the air need purifying?
Studies indicate that indoor air can be up to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air (according to the Environmental Protection Agency). Combined with the fact that many people spend up to 90% of their time indoors, it starts to become clear why the quality of indoor air is so important.
There are many factors that contribute to poor indoor air quality. Some of the most common pollutants include:
These all contribute to many of the allergies and respiratory illnesses we suffer from today.What do Air Purifier remove?
- Viruses: Flu is spread when you are exposed to droplets in the air that contain the flu virus. The risk of viruses spreading during the winter increases significantly as houses have become better insulated and people spend more time indoors.
- Dust & Dust Mites: Just 437 grains of dust contain nearly 42,000 living dust mites. Each mite is expelling 20 fecal pellets every day into the air you breathe.
- Pet Dender: Pet allergies can range from mild symptoms to quite debilitating conditions that can even be triggered by going into a house where a cat used to live. Symptoms can range from wheezing and asthma to allergic rhinitis or a skin rash caused by contact with the pet. Specialist doctors estimate that up to a third of people with allergies are sensitive to pets, birds and other animals.
- Polution: Researchers have found that young people growing up in homes within 500 meters of a major road suffer significant damage to their lungs from exhaust fumes. It is therefore important to reduce the risk of pollution as much as possible especially within the family home.
- Mould & Mould Spores: Mould is an underestimated cause of misery for many allergy sufferers. Tiny mould spores are created in a damp, unventilated environments and become airborne. As a result, these harmful particles are inhaled and cause a variety of respiratory problems and can even lead to panic attacks.
- Odours: Odours can be created by a variety of items throughout the home. Many of these are unpleasant and can linger for a period of time.
- Pollen: The most common allergies are pollen from threes and grasses, house dust mites and moulds. An allergy to these substances can cause anything from as runny nose, itchy eyes and palate to a skin rush.
Why Fellowes Air Purifiers
- Germs: Germs are transferred in a number of ways and many are airborne. They can be transferred from one human to another by coughing, sneezing and even laughing.
The Fellowes AreaMax Air Purifiers use a combination of the most effective filtration and cleaning methods as part of a 4-Stage filtration process to remove 99.97% of airborne pollutants and particles down to 0.3 microns in size.
This level of performance combined with a feature set and interface design for any indoor environment, makes it the perfect clean air solution.
- Four-stage purification system captures 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including pollen and other allergens, dust mites, mould spores, pet dander and cigarette smoke
- AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment - built-in protection from the growth of odour causing bacteria, mildew and fungi on True HEPA filter
- AeraSmart Sensor monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified. Blue, amber and red lights indicate the purity of your air
- Aera+ Mode is designed for peak allergy conditions and increases air flow by 50% to remove allergens from your air
- Filter Change Indicators let you know when it is time to replace your Carbon and True HEPA filters
Superior Filters, Superior Results.Are you protecting your family from harmful allergens and pollutants?
- Recommended for rooms up to 28m2
The AeraMax air purifier technology has been especially developed by Fellowes to effectively purify your indoor air and protect your family from harmful allergens and pollutants. It is so easy with AeraMax ... Just switch it on and leave it to automatically clean your air - 24 hours a day!Fellowes 4-stage purification system...
- Carbon Filter - Reduces odours, chemical vapours (VOCs), and captures large airborne particles.
- True HEPA Filter - Captures 99.97% of airborne particles and impurities as small as 0.03 microns, including mould spores, germs, viruses, pollen, dust mites, most airborne particles and allergies.
- AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment - Built-in protection from the growth of odour causing bacteria, mildew and fungi on the True HEPA Filter.
- PlasmaTRUE Technology - Safely reduces airborne particles at the molecular level, instantly neutralising germs and viruses in the air.
The AeraMax Air Purifiers have been tested and certified to ensure their effectiveness and safety. That is great news for the health of your family and total peace of mind for you.
This air purifier is certified by:
- ECARF (European Centre for Allergy Research Foundation) Seal of Quality is awarded to allergy-friendly products and services.
- Allergy UK Seal of Approval indicates that AeraMax has been scientifically proven to reduce exposure to pollen, mould, house dust mite, smoke, cat and dog allergens.
- AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers) Certified with three Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) numbers which indicate the volume of filtered air delivered by the air purifiers (measured in ft3/min). There are three CADR ratings: one for smoke, one for pollen and one for dust. The higher the number, the faster the air purifier filters the air.
- Energy Star Energy Star-qualified air purifiers are 40% more energy-efficient than non-qualifying models.
- Model Number: AERAMAX DX95
- Item Size (HxWxD): 64cm x 40cm x 20.7cm
- CADR Rating - Pollen: 188
- PlasmaTrue: PlasmaTrue Technology
- Filter Type: Carbono, True HEPA con AeraSafe
- Certification: Allergy UK, AHAM Certified, Energy Star Certified, ECARF
Does the air purifier come with filters?
Yes, the machines come with 1x True HEPA Filter, and 1x Activated Carbon Filter.
How often should the filters be replaced?
Under normal usage conditions, the carbon filter will need replacing every 3 months, and the True HEPA after 12 month.
Remember: the machines will notify you when the filters need changing
Do air purifiers cost a lot to run?
The Fellowes AreaMax air purifiers are extremely energy efficient, using just 6 watts on the lowest fan speed. The intelligent auto mode ensures the unit only operates at a fan speed that reflects the quality of the air in the room, monitoring it in real time and adjusting the fan speed accordingly. For the most cost effective and beneficial results, they should be switched on and left on 24/7. It is estimated that the annual running cost on the lowest fan speed would be $20.
Are air purifiers noisy?
The decibel level will vary depending on the fan speed, but when left on continuously the unit will more than likely spend a lot of time on the lower settings and maintain a level of improved indoor air quality.
How many air purifiers do I need?
The recommended room size for the air purifiers are calculated and verified by AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers), based on the fan speed and size. When used within a recommended room size, the air purifier will circulate the air within that room approximately 5 times per hour. If the air purifier is placed within a larger area, the air purifier will still be effective in filtering the air, but for optimal results, stay as close as possible to the recommended room size.
Where should the air purifier be place?
If you are aware of a source of air pollutants then please place the air purifier nearby. If the air quality is particularly poor during the night, it might be wise to place the air purifier in or near a bedroom. However, as long as the room is close to the recommended room size, the positioning should not impact the performance of the unit as the air will be circulated as it is filtered.