To comply with the new e-Privacy & GDPR directives, we need to ask for your consent to set the cookies.
Cookies are used to ensure you get the best experience on our website. They are needed for the full functionality of the website especially when you are logged in. Learn more.
4TB Seagate IronWolf NAS ST4000VN008 SATA 3.5" Hard Disk
- Optimised for NAS with AgileArray.™ AgileArray enables dual-plane balancing and RAID optimisation in multi-bay environments, with the most advanced power management possible.
- Actively protect your NAS with IronWolf Health Management focusing on prevention, intervention, and recovery.
- High performance means no lag time or downtime for users during workload traffic for the NAS. Seagate leads the competition with the highest-performing NAS drive portfolio. (Performance may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.)
- Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors - First in its class of drives to include RV sensors to maintain high performance in multi-drive NAS enclosures.
- Do more in multi-user environments. - IronWolf provides a workload rate of 180 TB/year. Multiple users can confidently upload and download data to the NAS server, knowing IronWolf can handle the workload, whether you are a creative professional or a small business.
- Designed for always-on, always-accessible 24×7 performance. Access data on your NAS any time, remotely or on site.
- 1 M hours MTBF represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) over desktop drives with reduced maintenance costs.
|Standard Model Number||ST4000VN008|
|Features and Performance||Drive Bays Supported||1-8 bays|
|Multi-User Technology||180 TB/year|
|Rotational Vibration (RV) Sensor||Yes|
|Error Recovery Control||Yes|
|Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s)||180 MB/s|
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||5.900|
|Non-Recoverable Read Errors Rate, Max||1 per 10E14|
|Workload Rate Limit (WRL)||180|
Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF, hours)
|Power Management||Startup Current, Typical (12V, A)||1.8|
|Average Operating Power (W)||4.8|
|Idling Average (W)||3.95|
|Standby Mode/Sleep Mode, Typical (W)||0.5/0.5|
|Voltage Tolerance, Inc. Noise (5V)||±5%|
|Voltage Tolerance, Inc. Noise (12 V)||±10%|
|Environmental/Temperatures||Operating (ambient, min °C)||5|
|Operating (drive case, max °C)||70|
|Non-Operating (ambient, min °C)||-40|
|Non-Operating (ambient, max °C)||70|
|Environmental/Shock||Shock, Operating/Non-operating: 2ms (max)||80Gs/300Gs|
|Environmental/Acoustics||Idle (typical)||2.3 bels|
|Seek (typical)||2.5 bels|
|Physical||H x W x D (mm)||26.11 x 101.85 x 146.99|